The U.K. has many things that it is famous for, especially its rich history that dates back to Medieval times and even further. But one main reason that tourists like to visit this place is for the pubs. Their pubs have a long history that goes way back to times where the monarchy ruled the land in a very different way than today.
If you’re looking for some of the more popular pubs to visit, you may want to read on to see where you can find them. Here are the top five:
- The Mayflower – This is a stop off along the Thames known as the Thames Path. This pub has been alive since the days of the Pilgrims, hence the name. It looks very traditional with exposed wooden beams and paneling. You can sit upstairs in the dining room where there is an impressive view of the Thames.
- Zeitgeist – A German pub, in London, that costumes everything around the rich German history. They have more than 16 beers on tap and 32 bottled, which gives patrons something to select. They even have a kitchen there that serves up delicious Bavarian foods that will leave you full and very happy
- Sir Richard Steele – This pub is named after the man who once lived on site, who is also the co founder. The place is cluttered with odd knock knacks that cover every single area. You may want to come hungry because besides the brew, they serve up Thai food.
- Greenwich Union – This pub is popular among the young ale drinkers who frequent this place. They are stocked with craft beers from the adjacent Meantime Brewery. People visit this pub for the entertaining brew garden that if offers.
- The Earl Ferrers – You won’t find this pub in any guidebook as it is one of those that is off the beaten path. It is known as a ‘locals only’ bar, which doesn’t mean that you can’t get a drink there, but rather you should respect the local patrons when visiting it.
These are the top five places to get a drink in the U.K. Each one is so unique and offers something different. So the next time you are planning a trip overseas, you may want to stop in at any one of these fine pubs and try it out for yourself.