No worries, there is no shortage of ales and lagers in the U.K. In fact they are well known for their fine ales that consumers have been indulging in for many years. If you hadn’t the chance to try one yet, you may want to in the near future as they offer some a little different than the typical domestic beer that most people recognize in America.
Here is a list of some of the most popular brands in the U.K., both domestically brewed ones and imports:
- Beewyched Honey’d Ale – This ale carries an alcohol content of five percent and is brewed in Oxfordshire. The thing about this ale is that it is entirely organic. The honey is imported from Chile, and the sugar is from Malawi. The honey does not give it a very sweet taste, but is rather subtle. It is recommended to drink this beer with treacle pudding as the two go well together.
- Lindemans Framboise – This is not a very strong brew as it is only two and a half percent. But don’t let this Belgium brew fool you because it is a fruity brew that is matured in oak. After the ale is matured it is then fermented with raspberries. That’s what makes it different from the other U.K. brews.
- Floris Passion Fruit – Another brew from Belgium, it is a fruity brew that has won many “Best Brews” awards. It is typically known as a summer brew more than a cold weather one. The wheat taste combined with passion fruit juice is what makes this brew ever so popular.
- Ruddles Rhubarb Ale – This is made in the merry land of England and is 4.7 percent alcohol. The hoppy tones that it carries offer a bitter taste with hints of vanilla in it. Locals like to eat cheese with it as the two go well together. Fine aged cheeses are what make this brew blend well.
- Innis & Gunn – This is a light beer made in Scotland. It has an alcohol content of six percent and is matured in casks soaked with rum. The ale has hints of citrus fruit and vanilla which makes it one of the best brews in the U.K. market.
These are five of the most popular brews in the U.K. There are many more to choose from but these ones are the best sellers.